CR-400 Chroma Meter
The CR-400 handheld chroma meter is a color measuring instrument that’s user-friendly and can be used on a variety of surfaces in many types of applications. With its 8mm aperture size, it can measure on its own or connect to a data processor for advanced features and on-site printing.
Compatible with the CR-300, the handheld CR-400 chroma meter is its improved successor. Upgrading is easy for current CR-300 owners because existing data can be used.
Able to store up to 1,000 measurements internally, or 2,000 when the data processor is connected, the CR-400 chroma meter is also portable and easy-to-use, plus it has the ability to measure different types of products and multiple kinds of surfaces in various applications.
The lightweight, compact data processor can be operated by battery or can be connected by AC adapter, and with its ability to print results on-site, labeling is easy. Featuring a user index function, the CR-400 series allows customers to configure evaluation and color calculation formulas as desired. This feature is extremely useful when customized or industry-specific formulas are used instead of the versatile color system and standard evaluation formula (L*a*b*).
The CR-400 chroma meter’s LCD screen is capable of displaying pass/fail information and color-difference graphs, and can be set in any of six different languages, including English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, French and German. Type user comments into the results or, by using the data processor, customers can determine channel names. A variety of accessories are available to accommodate various target types such as powders, liquids, and pastes.
The CR-400 chroma meter is compatible with SpectraMagic NX software and is easy-to-use. Multiple views of data results can be viewed and edited. By associating target data of the primary target with two or more secondary targets, sophisticated QC applications are allowed, such as checking for color difference.
Data interpretation is easy. Simply drag-and-drop information into the software then print. Display information on a variety of graphs, or utilize preconfigured templates, and view instrument information at a glance in the available status window. Thanks to maximum compatibility, data compiled with older software can be transferred to the newest updated software so nothing is lost. Export information into Excel if needed, and get additional information on the spot utilizing the Navigation Function and Color Tutorial included with the software.
- Easy-to-use– easy-to-understand menus and buttons
- Portable– can be battery powered for optimal portability, or use an AC adapter, take measurements anywhere thanks to its light-weight design
- Data processor– measuring head can measure alone or with the data processor, allowing advanced features to be used and labeling on-site is easy with the built-in high-speed printer
- User defined evaluation formulas– allows users to configure the color calculation formula and evaluation formula as desired; useful for customized or industry-specific formulas
- Easy to upgrade– the successor to, and compatible with, its predecessor, the CR-300
- LCD screen– capable of displaying pass/fail information and color-difference graphs
- Text entry– data processor allows the user to enter calibration channels and the names of color difference target colors, as well as input comments
- Six languages– English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, French, and German
- Stores Measurements– can store up to 1,000 measurements on its own, or 2,000 when the data processor is attached
- Calibration function– when the instrument needs to be calibrated it automatically notifies user
|Name||Chroma Meters Measuring Head|
|Illuminating/viewing system||d/0 (diffuse illumination/0° viewing angle; specular component included) (compliant with JIS Z 8722; including regular reflectance)|
|Detector||Silicon photocells (6)|
|Display range||Y: 0.01% to 160.00% (reflectance)|
|Light source||Pulsed xenon lamp|
|Measurement time||1 sec.|
|Minimum measurement interval||3 sec.|
|Battery performance||Approx. 800 measurements (when using batteries under Konica Minolta’s testing conditions)|
|Measurement/illumination area||Φ8mm/ Φ11mm|
|Repeatability||Within ΔE*ab 0.07 standard deviation (when the white calibration plate is measured 30 times at intervals of 10 seconds)|
|Inter-instrument agreement||ΔE*ab: Within 0.6 Average of 12 BCRA Series II colors|
|Observer||2 ° Closely matches CIE 1931 Standard Observer (x̄2λ, ȳλ, z̄λ)|